Cookie statement i4Housing
Last revised: 08/01/2020
Information about cookies * and data collection by third parties
Cookies makes it possible to recognize your web browser. Handy, because then you do not have to enter your data again and again, indicate preferences or adjust your settings. In this way we can also make our website work better, we can gain insight into the visitor behavior of the website * and other parties can gain insight into your surfing behavior so that they can show personalized advertisements across multiple websites and omit non-relevant advertisements.
Which cookies are there?
We distinguish between different types of cookies:
- Functional cookies: These are necessary for the proper functioning of the website. For example, they ensure that the desired information is displayed quickly and correctly every time you visit our website. Permission does not need to be requested for the placement of functional cookies.
- Analytical cookies: We use these to analyze how our website is used, for example how often our website is visited, which page you arrive on our website and which pages are clicked the most. You do not need to ask for permission for these cookies because they do not affect your privacy.
- Tracking cookies: These are cookies that can track your surfing behavior. In this way, we and advertisers can display personalized online advertisements and tailor-made content based on your surfing behavior. We ask for your permission to place these cookies.
- Social media plug-in cookies: Social media plug-in cookies are used to display social media content on our website. We ask for your permission to place these cookies.
We use both session cookies (expire when the web browser is closed) and persistent cookies (remain on your device unless deleted).
* Even if these cookies are not used, advertisements are shown. These are tailored to the content of the website and are not based on your behavior or interests. These types of content-related internet advertisements can be compared to advertisements on television.
* There is a retention period for cookies and preferences. The cookies remain on your device. You can always turn off cookies yourself or delete them from your device. How you can do this depends on the type of web browser and device. The settings of the browser can also be configured in such a way that cookies are refused. Please note that if you choose to block cookies, this may hinder i4Housing’s services or the operation of certain website elements.
There are several tools available to manage cookies, such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) tool at networkadvertising.org/choices. This allows you to refuse the use of information about your online activities for online behavioral advertising by companies that are members of NAI. Another option may exist in your smartphone through the ‘Limit Ad Tracking’ setting (for iOS devices) or an ‘Out of Interest-Based Ads’ setting. ) (for Android devices), which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of applications that aims to deliver advertisements that are targeted to your interests. More information about disabling cookies or managing the cookie settings for the browser can be found in the following list:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
Adjustment of cookie statement
This statement can be adjusted in the meantime, for example because our website or the rules for cookies change. If changes are made to this document, you can check the date at the top of the document. The new cookie statement will take effect at the time of publication. If you do not agree with the amended statement, you must change your preferences or consider no longer using the i4Housing website.